Five Tips for Becoming a Demanding Customer
- Have some idea of what kind of intrusion or fire detection you want for your home or business. If you turn all decisions over to the dealer – whose input should be extensive but not overbearing – your system will reflect the dealer’s preference rather than yours.
- Talk with friends, relatives and business colleagues who already have a security system and know the ins and outs of the process.
- Don’t be afraid to express high expectations. A good security professional will spend time listening to your concerns – large or small. If they just come in, count doors and windows and give you a price, they’re not interested in your safety.
- Ask questions and expect answers. It’s all right if the salesperson doesn’t have the answer right away. But you should expect to get answers back in a reasonable time.
- Listen for clear statements about what the company can and cannot do. A reputable dealer will be candid, explaining how your demands will affect the installation’s design and cost. When you’re clear about what you want, the dealer will be clear about costs.
A security dealer has to walk through your home for a Florida security system installation or business to thoroughly learn about your specific needs. Therefore, it is very important to choose a person and company that you can trust.
Dealer Selection Checklist
Answer these questions to make an informed choice:
- Is the company national, regional or local?
- Is the company part of a national dealer program with high-quality, premium products?
- Will the dealer reinstall a system for free if you move?
- Does the company specialize in residential and commercial security?
- Will the company provide at least three references from current customers? What are the names of these references?
- How do references rate the company in the following areas:
- Professional installation
- User training
- Repair service timeliness
- Monitoring services
- Overall customer service after the sale.
- Fulfillment of promises made at the point of sale.